Organized shooting in Kamloops dates back to establishment of the “Kamloops Rifle Club” on March 25, 1885. The club evolved under the names “Gold Rifle Association“,”Kamloops Rifle Association“,”Kamloops Gun Club“,” Kamloops & District Rifle Association” and now the “Kamloops Target Sports Association“. The City of Kamloops Shield on display at our indoor range dates back to 1909. The photograph shows the members of the “Gold Range Rifle Club” in 1911.
In the early 1930’s, Kamloops shooters amalgamated with the “Canadian National Recreation Association”, a small-bore rifle club, under the name “Rocky Mountain Rangers Rifle Association“. We shot targets in the basement of a local hardware store at that time and later used the drill Hall basement on Battle Street. The Gold Range east of the city limits was used for outdoor shooting. During World War 11 civilian shooting ceased but continued for the Rock Mountain Rangers Militia Unit members.
Immediately after WW11, Local shooters reactivated the association as a military rifle association under the name of “Rocky Mountain Rangers Rifle & Handgun Association”. This group has been in continuous existence since that time, with members eventually dropping the military association and changing to the current name of the Kamloops Target Sports Association with more than 1300 members.
Constitution and Bylaws
Download a copy of out Constitution and Bylaws below.